Global Businesses Can Now Access 4 Top Network Service Providers in the Region via Equinix Hong Kong
5 min |
06 mei 2021 9:18
Copyright: Bruce Röttgers op Unsplash
, the world’s digital infrastructure company™, today announced it has expanded the ecosystem on Equinix Fabric™ with the addition of four leading network service providers (NSPs) in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan to deliver connectivity into Greater China. Multinational enterprises, no matter where they are, can now quickly and securely connect on demand and simplify their expansion into the Greater China market. With this new extension of Platform Equinix®, Equinix is empowering digital leaders to architect a digital infrastructure with the agility needed to enter and respond to the increasingly dynamic market, and seamlessly interconnect to a rich ecosystem of clouds, networks, partners and customers that matter the most to their digital businesses.
Greater China is a vital market for enterprises seeking sustainable growth. Registering US$5.5 trillion in 2019, China’s digital economy is the second largest in the world, with a growth rate three times higher than that of a traditional manufacturing economy. Hong Kong ranked fifth in IMD World Digital Competitiveness Ranking 2020 published by the IMD World Competitiveness Center, which is an indication of the city’s outstanding adoption of new digital technology. Taiwan also recently launched its Digital Nation and Innovative Economic Development Plan (2017-2025), known as “DIGI+”, and set a target to grow its digital economy to US$205.9 billion by 2025. With more and more enterprises eyeing this thriving market, connectivity access to Greater China is becoming increasingly important for customers looking to fully tap the potential of this booming market.
With Equinix Fabric, Greater China connectivity through Hong Kong is now easier than ever. Businesses can enjoy direct, on-demand access to top NSPs in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan through Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in Hong Kong. Within minutes, customers can use Equinix Fabric to gain access to network services like MPLS, Ethernet and Internet Access from multiple NSPs in Greater China. Leveraging dedicated cross-border bandwidth and point of presence (PoP) in the Equinix IBX campus in Hong Kong, businesses can securely and easily access the Greater China market.
- Equinix Fabric is a software-defined interconnection service that allows any business to connect between its own distributed infrastructure and any other company's infrastructure on Platform Equinix. With growing demand for ecosystem access, infrastructure performance and network agility, customers are choosing Equinix Fabric as their de facto interconnection standard for connecting their digital infrastructure globally across Platform Equinix. For enterprises seeking to instantly expand their network reach into new locations in the Greater China region, Equinix offers metro-to-metro connectivity and faster turnaround between the Greater China region and other locations in Asia-Pacific through Hong Kong, giving enterprises ready access to their own infrastructure, customers, ecosystem and clouds across the region.
- Today, multiple leading NSPs in Mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong have integrated with Equinix Fabric in Hong Kong to provide secure connectivity in Greater China. These NSPs include China Mobile International (CMI), China Telecom Global, Chief Telecom and HKBN.
- At Equinix, businesses can enjoy a dynamic global ecosystem of approximately 10,000 companies, including more than 1,800 networks and 2,950 cloud and IT service providers. This enables companies to deploy their digital infrastructure for hybrid cloud architectures, benefiting from cloud diversity and redundancy in the Greater China region. In just minutes, Equinix Fabric customers can directly connect to major cloud service providers (CSPs), including Alibaba Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and local CSPs in China and Taiwan.
- With Equinix Fabric integration built into both Network Edge and Equinix Metal™ over the trusted Equinix platform, Chinese enterprises seeking outbound expansion can achieve instant setup in new locations, seamlessly bridging the distance between their distributed digital infrastructure. Specifically, the Network Edge platform enables companies to deploy virtual networking services in real time from multiple vendors, while Equinix Metal is an interconnected and secure bare metal service that applies a developer and API-first mindset to foundational infrastructure in a fully automated way.
- Equinix Fabric is currently available in more than 50 strategic metros across five continents, including Amsterdam, Atlanta, Barcelona, Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Culpeper, Dallas, Denver, Dublin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva, Helsinki, Hong Kong, Houston, Istanbul, Lisbon, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Manchester, Melbourne, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Osaka, Paris, Perth, São Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sofia, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Warsaw, Washington, D.C., Zurich and more.
- Tim Chiang, Vice President of Chief Telecom
“As a leading network service provider in Taiwan, we are pleased to collaborate with Equinix to help our customers extend their connectivity in Taiwan and beyond. Leveraging Equinix Fabric and the rich cloud ecosystem on Platform Equinix, our customers in Taiwan can now enjoy direct access to a wealth of network and cloud service providers. At the same time, our overseas customers can also connect to Google Cloud in Taiwan via secure, software-defined interconnection. This forms a fundamental part of our commitment to providing secure and fast connection to our customers.”
- Xiaolei Wu, Vice President of Carrier Business Department, China Telecom Global
“At China Telecom Global, our priority is to provide customized and cost-effective ICT solutions to help customers connect to the world. Collaborating with Equinix is a strategic move for us to enhance our service availability to meet the evolving business demands of our customers. Through Equinix Fabric, we can deliver agile, secure and reliable connectivity and solutions to a growing number of enterprise customers around the world. In addition, our customers can also benefit from on-demand, private connectivity to multiple cloud providers and as a gateway to China.”
- Larry Tam, Managing Director, Equinix Hong Kong
“As a strategic hub in Asia-Pacific, Hong Kong is a critical gateway for businesses looking to expand into the Greater China market. With extended Greater China connectivity, we are thrilled to help businesses expand into one of the most dynamic markets in the world through Hong Kong. Leveraging Equinix Fabric, a solution of choice for secure, on-demand, easy, and low-cost connectivity into and out of Greater China, we are here to bring together all the right places, partners, and possibilities for digital leaders to create the foundational infrastructure needed to succeed.”
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix products and solutions, unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenues from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; a failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; risks related to our taxation as a REIT; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Dit item is verkregen via óf is gebaseerd op een externe bron en valt daarmee buiten de verantwoordelijkheid van de redactie. Als het item een (gedeeltelijke) vertaling is van het origineel, dan is bij eventuele verschillen in betekenis het originele item leidend.